A big thank you to Mark Koopmans who suggested that we post a Prayer or thoughts of praying to give us something extra to think about over our festive season ...
A Time to Pray wherever we are in the world ... in Hawaii with Mark, across all the participating bloggers’ countries and States ... may we all take a turn to pray for those
- - in war zones
- - starving, frightened, homeless and freezing or sweltering
- - troubled by constant drought
- - surrounded by floods and flood waters
- - frozen up
- - repairing their homes after the typhoons or earthquakes
- - in despair and just desperate
- - coping with serious illness
- - adjusting to a sudden change – often through loss, or severe challenges
- - unsure of life ahead
- - who are lonely – give them comfort ... guide them to help
- - of us, who very luckily, are fine and who continue to enjoy life despite minor setbacks ... brief loss of electricity, delayed getting home because of the storms ... we will recover ...
- - who are our leaders – give them wisdom, guidance and kindness to lead others away from corruption and political dictatorship – so that they, who have the power, can do better at looking after their own peoples.
TheresaMilstein from her blog “Theresa’s Tales of Teaching Tribulations and Typing Teen Texts” – mentioned Ahimsa in her comment on my Nelson Mandela ABC post ...
|Lord Mahavir - gold|
... Ahimsa is a term meaning do not injure; its precept of ‘cause no injury’ includes one’s deeds, words, and thoughts ... and applies to all living beings including flora and fauna ...
We need to protect this earth and all that dwell on it ... as well as be much more compassionate to those around us ...
Let’s pray that our butterfly effect will land kindly on many nearby, and as Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Mandela were able to do – set examples for others to follow ...
May we all have peace and be enabled to spread peace far and wide ...
|Aleppo Codex Joshua 1:1|
(Ecclesiastes - see Wiki)
For some reason I thought of the song by the Byrds “Turn! Turn! Turn!” – the words of which are taken from the Book of Ecclesiastes ... and cheered me, yet made me stop and think ...
Byrds "Turn! Turn! Turn!" ... Youtube link
To Everything (Turn! Turn! Turn!)
There is a season (Turn! Turn! Turn!)
And a time to every purpose, under Heaven
.... continued see lyrics ...
Lyrics to the song here: Words adapted from the Bible, the music is by Pete Seeger
A very happy Christmas to one and all ... I'll be visiting over the festive season ... have a blessed, peaceful time ...
Positive Letters Inspirational Stories