Tuesday 13 January 2009

Wonderful friends .. American, Bangladeshi, Cameroonians, French ...

Our time in the Acute Brain Injury Unit, 6 bedded, was emotional, fraught with worry and one’s feeling of helplessness while my mother’s trauma was ‘sorted out’. However the staff were amazing – and it would be great if that example could be replicated out to all nursing and caring – a wish!?

We also met some other wonderful patients and their families – all going through probably worse times than us .. as their relations were younger than my mother of then 87. I am still in touch with a few of them – an American girl and her family, and a Bangladeshi family, whose mother had had a stroke. Another young French girl very sadly died later on. We also had two Cameroonian ladies .. so we had an amazing cultural exchange. Guess what my first story, positive letter, is going to be about?! See my next post...

No comments: