Tuesday 13 January 2009

Introduction: the beginning of Positive Letters & stories

Positive Letters with stories – these have proved to be so useful to me and also to our friends and family as I am able to let them know my mother’s mental health and wellbeing after her 3 major strokes in February 2007.

My mother was in London celebrating my brothers’ birthdays when the strokes started to occur; initially we hoped she’d be well enough to go home to Penzance in Cornwall after due rehabilitation.

She first went to University College Hospital, before being transferred for rehabilitation to the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in Queen Square (just round the corner from Great Ormond Street Hospital for children) – but in transit she suffered further strokes and ended up in the Acute Brain Injury unit of the NHNN.

We were exceedingly lucky in any number of ways – and looking back I have to count our blessings ... see my next post.

No comments: